Thursday, January 14, 2010

Take a Breath

Another one of my ideas, which came to me just a little while ago, is a musical about Cystic Fibrosis. For those of you who don't know, Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is a genetic disease that affects your respiratory, digestive, and reproductive systems. I was born with CF, and it's been a handicap of mine. Anyway, recently I was listening to my iPod, and a couple different songs came on that got me thinking about it. My thoughts got to roaming, and I wondered aloud, "Why not make a musical about CF?"

So that's what I'm doing. The basic story is a boy's transformation to a man, while dealing with problems like school, relationships, and most importantly, his Cystic Fibrosis. When he dies at a young age, his family and friends realize that they should live their lives as he did, loving every minute - because you never know when your time will be up.

At the moment, I am taking a hiatus from working on "Breathe". I am trying to focus on my most prominent piece right now, but I will most definitely finish "Breathe".

No comments:

Post a Comment