Monday, January 18, 2010

No, not the Unicorn..

This is it. My brainchild. My big break. This… is Charlie.

To set the stage for you, Charlie is the name of my school auditorium's poltergeist. Although he doesn't really exist, his 'presence' is made known by a set of lights that occasionally flicker in the back of the auditorium. They cannot be controlled, and nobody knows why they flicker – probably faulty wiring. Anyway, somebody down the line made up the story that it's a ghost named Charlie that makes the lights flicker. Many people simply ignore it, while some of us playfully interact with 'Charlie'. I, on the other hand, have decided to bring him to life through a play!

Here’s the story so far: Windsor High School has been haunted by Charlie, an old student who unintentionally hung himself in the auditorium, for 50 years. A new kid moves into the town of Windsor. He tries out and gets the lead role for the school's play. He doesn't believe in Charlie, and likes to make fun of those that do. After a while, two seniors get fed up with the new kid and dare him to stay the night in the auditorium – on Halloween, of all nights. The kid, not wanting to look like a wimp, accepts the challenge… but the next morning, he is gone. Police are searching, the seniors are paranoid, the director might have to shut down the production… but the day before the play, the kid shows up again, laughing. He explains it was all a joke, that Charlie didn't do anything, and that he ISN'T REAL. As everyone leaves the auditorium, they suspect that maybe the kid was right, and Charlie was just in their imaginations.

However, once everyone is gone and the only person left is the new kid… Charlie shows up. And teaches him a lesson.


Now, I can’t take all the credit for this. One of my very best friends, Crystal, gave me the idea in the first place, as well as some fantastic specifics. I just put in some filler.

At the current moment, this is what I’m focusing on. I plan to spend at least a little bit of time each day on 'Charlie' so that I don't end up losing interest and giving up on such a wonderful prospect. Crystal and I are planning to spend some time today getting a LOT of work done on it. Any ideas we come up with – I’ll post right here for your waiting eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment