Thursday, April 18, 2013

Fall Auditions

Well, this past week, I was made aware of auditions for the first two shows of the fall semester. They both looked very interesting; one the Shakespearean classic As You Like It set in the 1950s, the other a retelling of the parable of Solomon called Caucasian Chalk Circle. I haven't auditioned for a show since high school, so I was understandably nervous about the idea of trying out. However, after gathering the opinions of others and building my own, I went over to the sign-up sheet the day before auditions began, and put myself down on the list for Wednesday, at 9:39 p.m.

I think that, more than anything, the final deciding factor was to prove to myself that I could still perform. Even if I don't happen to get a part in either show (there were well over 150 people who auditioned), I know that I can still put myself out there, despite the length of time I've gone without a true performance.

Callbacks are posted today, and the cast lists will be out by next week. Stay tuned!

P.S. One Acts start this coming Monday. I'll do my best to keep you updated on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment